What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where's the Cold?

6:54 AM

So I got up at 3 this morning. Actually I woke up around 2:45 on my own. That ALWAYS happens to me. I'll set my alarm and I'll wake up a few minutes before it's supposed to go off. I figure I don't need to set an alarm, but the first time I don't, I know I'll oversleep. So I went ahead and got up, stretched really good and put on my long running pants and long-sleeve shirt since I knew it was going to be cold this morning. I got my water bottle, Gu, ipod, and house key and headed out the door. It was 2:55AM. It was then that I realized that it wasn't cold. What happened? The last 2 weeks it's been freezing every morning I come out. Well maybe not freezing, but certainly cold enough for a jacket and certainly cold enough to wear long pants and a long-sleeve shirt to run in, but NOOO, not this morning. I really didn't want to go back inside and change. I was too ready to run. So I just decided to run in what I had on. Mistake.

By mile 2 of 18, I was sweatin' a lot. My clothes felt heavy the whole time. I thought about shedding the shirt, but I thought it might look really weird to be running in long pants and no shirt. Then again, maybe I would've started a new running fashion trend. But I kept the shirt on. By mile 18, I was soaked, but the run overall went well. It took me just over 2 and 1/2 hours. My feet and legs are a little sore but that's to be expected I guess. I'm glad it's done. I'm going to HS Cross Country practice today. Not sure if I'll run with them or not. I brought my stuff just in case. Hope my legs can handle it. I might run in the morning before we leave for Disney around noonish, but I'm not sure.

I guess this will be the last post for a few days. We'll be in Disney until Monday. Tell you all about it when we get back.

Keep runnin',
Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment