What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Friday, October 9, 2009

5K at Cedar Hall Where?

2:48PM

I'm running a 5K. Yahoo. That's it. I guess it's not as exciting as announcing say a marathon or even a half marathon but I actually am excited. I noticed on several other running blogs that other runners are doing 5K's and 10K's all the time. I also noticed that some of my other running buddies have a list of races a mile long. Mine ain't that long. Look to the right. You can see it. So I was seriously just thinking this week that I'd like to participate in some more races. Maybe a 5K before my big marathon in December. And then I got the email.

It was Monday I think. Maybe Tuesday. I have no idea how this guy got my email address but he sent me information about a 5K that is being run on Halloween morning. Maybe I got it because I am the coach of a middle school cross country team. Maybe I was supposed to forward it on to them. Ooops. I figured it was for me. I checked my schedule. I have nothing on Halloween morning. Nothing that day at all except trick-r-treating that night with the boys. Carter's a vampire. Max is the red Power Ranger. Just FYI - in case you were wondering. Back to my story.

Since I had nothing to do, I figured why not? It would give me something to look forward to and a chance to better my PR in the 5K since it's based on one race. I have only run two 5K's that I know of in my life and I can't find my time on one of them. So the one and only is my PR. And it's decent but I think I could do better. Maybe. So I thought this race would give me an opportunity to do that. So I was excited. Then I started having 2nd thoughts.

You see the 5K race on Halloween morning is at a school. Cedar Hall School in Christiana, TN. Where on Earth? I started thinking- 'wait a minute, if this is at a school, could it be kids only???' Now I'm worried. So I wrote the guy back who emailed me the info. I asked if it was going to be mostly kids who ran the race. I got no response. So either he doesn't check email, he doesn't care, or he's laughing because I will be the only adult runner in a sea of elementary kids. We'll see. The flyer does say 'kids and adults'. Or does it say "kids and adult?" Singular. Oh well, I've already sent in my $20 so I'll go and get my t-shirt and scope it out. If it's me and a bunch of mini-me's, I may start the race and run right to my car and drive home. I'll let you know.


Keep runnin',
Albert

4 comments:

  1. Albert I am so gald you have joined the world of blogging! It is a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, we might get to see you race on the 31st. Carter, Max and I will be standing cheering you on while the other moms cheer on their sons and daughters :) Good luck! You ought to see if Nate and Andrea want to run with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well since they are in Ireland, it might be hard to ask them. But thanks!! Glad you'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats funny that you have second thoughts about a 5k. You will do great no matter if it is all kids. Love reading the blog!!!! Susan C

    ReplyDelete