What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Monday, October 5, 2009

Ladders

12:05PM

I ran 16 miles yesterday morning and it was perfect. The weather was cool. My teeth were actually chattering at the beginning, but once I ran a mile or two, the cool air felt great. I had some great podcasts to listen to. (Thanks Crazy Runner and Running to Disney and WDW today) and the run went very smoothly. I was shooting for 2:20 and ended up at 2:15 so I was very happy with that.

Next week is 18 miles as I continue to train for the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis on December 5. I'm not sure when I'll do the 18 though b/c my wife is housesitting and babysitting this weekend so I can't leave my boys on Sunday morning. Maybe Monday morning before school which will be fine.

I am a Middle School Cross Country coach and this is our last week of the season. We have our last meet on Thursday of this week. Today, we are doing ladders in practice. They always groan about ladders which is weird b/c they are not that difficult of a workout, but apparently they think they are. What's funny is they ALWAYS end up saying "that's wasn't too bad". I guess it's just that word. Ladders. I always try to come up with a creative way to tell them we're doing ladders. Today, I drove my wife's car instead of my own. There is a ladder in the back of it. I'm going to make the alarm go off while I'm talking and then pretend that I have no idea whose car it is. When I open the back to "make the alarm go off" there will be a ladder there. It's random, I know, but anything to make it different this year. I'll run with them. Probably only 3 miles today as I recover from yesterday's long one.

I'm still working on the blog. Planning to add past race times and PR's. Maybe even Disney tips and info about upcoming races of course. Stay tuned.

Keep runnin',
Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment