What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Week - Day 8 (God)

Well Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope your day was as good as mine. We had a great linner at my sister's house. That's lunch/dinner. It was about 1:30 when we ate which is a little late for lunch but too early to call it dinner. The food was amazing. There was so much. It was the only meal I ate today but it was perfect. Props to my sister (Abigail) for hosting one great Thanksgiving meal. It was good to spend time with the family. So being that it's Thanksgiving and almost the end of the day, it's time for my final Thankful Week post. My sisters today were trying to guess who/what it would be. My older and very humble sister Allison assumed it would be her. Apparently the "family post" last Saturday wasn't quite enough. Allison wanted me to mention her by name and talk about all her redeeming qualities.....both of them. I actually thought about mentioning each family member in that post and talking about them, but I was afraid someone would be offended because I left them out so I just talked about family in general. But apparently that wasn't enough for Allison. I mean I was going to talk about God in this post but I guess Allison thinks she's more important. It IS a tough choice, but I think I'm going to have to go with God.....sorry Allison. Although I will give her a due shout out.
ALLISON!
There. Done. But today, I am thanking God for....well, for God.

There have been times in my life where I've questioned God for various reasons. I don't always understand why things happen the way they do. But I've learned that I'm never going to understand everything. That's why we have Prov. 3:5-6 which happens to be one of my favorite verses. I remember one of the things I used to question is why Jesus had to die. If God can do anything, why couldn't he just forgive our sins without His son suffering on that cross? And why do WE have to suffer so much? Why can't life just be great and happy and fun all the time? But I try not to question those kind of things anymore. God's plan is perfect. He knows what He's doing. There's a reason for everything and one day we'll all understand. But for now, I am so humbled, honored and blessed to be a part of His plan. I'm one of His chosen children. I'm getting to experience life. I'm getting to witness His creation and His power each day. I was born into a Christian family in a country where I have the freedom to praise Him whenever I want. I work at a Christian institution where I get to worship Him daily. I have been given His Spirit and He works through me every day. I am on my way to Heaven and will one day get to meet Him and His Son. I am filled with so much hope and excitement over what is to come in my life here on Earth and especially in my eternal life in Heaven. It's a perfect plan and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. So today, on Thanksgiving, I am most thankful for God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and my spiritual life. I'm thankful for my relationship with God. Even though I'm one of many, I know that He knows me. We have a close bond and we talk daily. He's watching out for me, protecting me, guiding me, caring for me, loving me and He wants me to be up there with Him even more than I do. When I think about it all, I just feel happy and blessed, and it makes me smile. I hope you also took (or take) some time today to reflect on how blessed you are....not just because of what you have here on Earth, but especially for what you have spiritually. And also for what you have waiting for you in Heaven, if you choose to go there as well. I hope you do. I am, and the thought of it blows me away. I can't even fathom how wonderful it's going to be. Thank you God for that hope, that excitement, that promise, and most of all for Your grace which makes it all possible. GOD...IS....GOOD!

Happy Thanksgiving.


I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment