What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Week - Day 7 (Griffin)

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is tomorrow. This week has gone fast but it's been a blast. Rhyme. We've run some errands and been out of the house a little, but it's mostly been relaxing at home and doing things with the family. There's nothing I'd rather do. So today is day 7 of thankful week and today belongs to my 3rd and youngest son, Griffin. As you all know, he's not here with us. He's already made his trip to Heaven so you may wonder why I'd be thankful. Shouldn't I be upset or sad or disappointed or angry or NOT thankful? I guess I could be and I've gone through all those as I've pointed out on here. But I don't want to keep dwelling on the negative. I choose to look at the positive and so I can definitely see many reasons to be thankful for Griffin. Today I am thanking my Father above for giving me my son, Griffin Wallace Thweatt.

I have 3 children. I have 3 sons. 3 boys. Carter, Max and Griffin. How can I not be grateful for all of them? Of course I wish I had gotten to spend more time with Griffin. Of course I wish this was his first Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up. Of course these holidays are going to be tough in some ways. But this is Thanksgiving week and like I said above, I can think of several things to be thankful for when it comes to Griffin:

I'm thankful he was created in the first place. It's no secret that I wanted three kids. And now I have 3. Hearing the surprising news he was on the way....telling everyone....planning for him....registering.....setting up his room....having baby showers....it was all so much fun and made for some very happy times.

I'm thankful that he brought our family closer together both before and after his death.

I'm thankful that I got to hold him for several hours. Those hours, while sad in ways of course were also very precious to me and I'll never forget them.

I'm thankful that without a doubt, I have a son waiting for me when I get to Heaven. I was already excited about Heaven and now I'm much, much more excited. I absolutely can not wait.

I'm thankful that Griffin has brought me so much closer to God. Although I would have preferred Griffin to live, his death has totally changed me spiritually for the better. And it's hard to accept and even say, but I think God knew I needed that and maybe it took something so drastic to change me.

That one is the most important. There is no denying that I am closer to God right now because of Griffin Thweatt. So I am very thankful on this day for him and for Him.

I miss Griffin a lot. I want to see his little face and feet again. I want to put my finger in his hand and have him squeeze it. I want to smell him again. He had that awesome new baby smell. But if I can't have him here during this life, I'll accept God's will and wait patiently for the time when we'll see each other again. And in the meantime, I'll praise God and be eternally grateful for the many gifts that Griffin did bring to me.

Just like my wonderful son Carter and my precious son Max, I love Griffin Thweatt so much. My heart overflows with love for all 3 of my boys. How could I possibly ask God for anything better? God is good!

I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment