What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful Week - Day 3 (Family)

We put up Christmas today......Christmas trees, ornaments, lights, Snow Village. It's all up. The only thing I lack is the outside lights. That'll be quite the chore and I'll tackle that one at some point this week. Right now, I'm relaxing on the couch, watching some football. My legs are tired after working on decorations all day. I almost forgot about this post but thought I'd get it in quickly before I went to bed. It's going to be a short one....sorry about that.

It's day 3 of Thankful week. Today I'm thanking God for family. Not my immediate family....obviously that's coming later, but extended family. I've been blessed with a great family both here at home in Nashville and my wife's family down in Athens, GA. Being with either family always bring laughter and smiles and I look forward to any time I can be with them. This year, we'll be spending Thanksgiving here. We're eating at my sister's house on Thursday and I'm looking forward to it. We'll be going to Athens for Christmas (actually the day after) and I'm already excited about that trip. I could mention each of my family members by name and talk about so many wonderful things that each has done for me. It's easy for me to think of many things that have been done for us or encouraging words that have been given to us. Family is definitely one of God's biggest blessings and He has certainly blessed me heavily in that area. I love my family and pray for them often. And I know they do the same for me. God is good!

I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment