What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful Week - Day 5 (Carter)

Today is Thankful Week day #5 and it goes to my first born. And is this irony or what??? Today is his 10th birthday. I really didn't plan it that way. I mean I made a list of my 8 greatest blessings and just happened to put Carter on Monday....today. I then realized that it was his birthday on the same day. I can't believe he is 10 years old. These 10 years have flown by....very, very fast. However, they have by far been the best 10 years of my life....and I guess his best 10 as well. :) Today I am thanking God for the wonderful gift of my son, Carter.

I was so excited to hear that Carter was on the way. It was just a year after we married and we had just decided to start planning a family. But I was ready. He was born on 11/21/01, just a couple of months after 9/11 and the day before Thanksgiving that year. He took 22 hours of labor. He wasn't quite ready to come out. That was a tough night. A very tough night. Even the doctor was puzzled as to why he wasn't coming out. I'll never forget the doctor saying that if he didn't come soon, he might have to perform a caesarean because it was taking too long. I know it was nothing compared to my wife, but I was exhausted. It was 3:00 in the morning and I was so worried about Carter. I went into the hospital room bathroom, fell down on my knees, and prayed harder than I ever have. I begged God to make my boy ok and for him to come out soon. A little over two hours later, he finally came and he was perfect. He has been ever since. I cried tears of joy that day....the first time I ever had. These last 10 years, Carter has brought our family so much happiness and joy. I've been told that he looks like me. I know he acts just like I did when I was little. He's my little mini-me. He works so hard and has so many wonderful talents. I love that boy so much and I can't imagine the world without him. So today...on his 10th birthday, I am so grateful to God for giving me such a wonderful son in Carter Evan Thweatt. God is good!

I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment