What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful Week - Day 4 (My Girl)

Thankful week post #4 goes to the woman of my dreams (and sometimes nightmares). he he he. Ok, that's the only funny I'll put in here because I say in all seriousness that marrying Susan Thweatt has been one of the biggest blessings God has given me in my life. Today, I'm thanking God from the bottom of my heart for my wife, Susan.

I'll never forget when she came in that classroom. It was my 1st or 2nd day of student teaching. My final semester of college, but my first day in my eventual full-time classroom. Needless to say, I was a little nervous. These were 7th graders. Some were bigger than I was, well at least scarier than I was. I knew nobody. Then she came in. She smiled and didn't hesitate to sit down right next to me, introduce herself, and make me feel welcome at that school. Over the next few weeks, we would get to know each other better. She provided a much better place to eat my lunch than that scary teachers' lounge. She became a friend.... a friend I was spending more and more time with. And I slowly began realizing that this was the one. She had all the makings of the perfect wife. And she's been my best friend ever since. I had prayed for years that God would send me a wife, a Godly wife, someone I could share my life with and someone that could help me in my spiritual walk. Boy, did He come through! After being married to her for more than 11 years now, I can safely say this.....Susan is a good person. She's loving, caring, kind, funny, generous, hard-working, etc, etc, etc.... I could go on for a while. But those are not the most important things. And even if she had none of those qualities, she would still be perfect because of the one quality she has that stands out.....she is a genuine servant of God. She is a model example of how we are supposed to live. She has the mind and heart of Christ every day and she doesn't even have to work at it. It's just how she is. Basically, Susan helps me to be a much better Christian than I'd be without her. When I go to Heaven, it's going to be in large part because of her guidance and example, and that makes her an incredibly wonderful gift straight from God. God knew that I needed her. God answered my prayers in a big way. God knew I would never get there without her. I realize that Jesus ultimately saved my soul, but I consider Susan a soul saver as well. And not only is she an outstanding wife, she is an amazing mother to our two sons. They will also be prepared and well equipped to be servants of God and fight temptation as they grow up and it's because of her example to them. She is so good at guiding them toward God and giving them a mind of Christ. And while our third son, Griffin got a free pass to Heaven which is awesome, I have no doubt that she would have led him straight there as well. He was a winner either way. I'm not sure why Susan continues to put up with me. I have a lot of faults and I know I'm a challenge to her, but I thank God she does. I need her. I can't do life without her. I love her. With all my heart.

God is good.


I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment