What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Monday, March 1, 2010

Is it Mickey or Not??

2:38PM

My next race is a week from Saturday. The Huff 'N Puff relay in Florence, AL. It's gonna be a little one night get-a-way for the wife and me. The first in a while. So I'm looking forward to that just as much (actually more) than the race. We haven't taken a trip just the two of us in years. Even though it's only one night, it should be a lot of fun. I still don't know a whole lot about the race. My wife asked me the other day if I was ready and I just shrugged the shoulders and said, "I guess so." 5K's aren't too big of a deal anymore. I'll just run the best I can and it'll be over before I know it. I'll try to get some more details about the course and post again next week.

I'm co-hosting the Runner's Roundtable Podcast again tomorrow night. I did this back in December and had a blast. We are again talking with Joe Henderson from "Marathon and Beyond" magazine. Feel free to tune in and listen. You can go to the website for directions on how to listen and comment. The chatroom is a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to hosting with Mike and Lesley again.

Finally, I thought I'd do a few posts on Hidden Mickeys. You know I'm a huge Disney fan, but I really enjoy looking for Hidden Mickeys each time we are there. I (with the help of my lovely wife) found one and submitted it which got put in the book. It even has my name in the credits which I guess means I'm a published author, right? Anyways, I thought I found a few more on our last trip. I submitted them, but haven't heard squat back from Steve Barrett who does the book. He emailed and said he would check them out but I haven't heard anything. I know that some are a stretch but I'm sure that at least 1-2 of them are good. I'll show you one today and the others in future posts. This one was taken in the queue line for Dinosaur - the ride. I think this one is. It's hard to see but I think part of his scales make a classic Mickey head. I've circled it. You can click on it to make it bigger. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Is it a hidden Mickey or not?

Keep runnin',
Albert

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll do fine on your race - like you said 5K is no big deal any more :)!

    You and your wife will have a great time too. What a nice break it will be for you both.

    The hidden Mickey...I'm probably not the best judge as I am no good at finding them at all. Even with exact directions on where to find them I usually don't see them. This one looks like it could be, but I can't tell for sure. There is some shadowing or something that makes it hard to tell for me. Good luck with it though.

    Can't wait to see the others!

    ReplyDelete