What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Friday, March 19, 2010

What's That Shiny Thing in the Sky?

3:07PM

I know. I know. It's the sun. It's just been so long since we've seen it here in Nashville. But I've been running in it this week and it's different. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Spring is finally here. All that snow and cold was getting old, but I gotta say....I know I'm going to miss it as far as running goes. I just love running in cold weather so much more than running in hot. The last few days have been okay but it's only been in the 60's. And I can feel it - it's definitely harder. I know when those 70's, 80's, and 90's roll around soon, it's gonna be tough. But I'm not complaining. At least I can run in much less clothes.

Carter and I did 2 miles yesterday. His first 5K is coming up in about 3 weeks. The last time we did 2 miles, we did 18 something - close to 19 min. which we were happy about. Yesterday, I decided to push it a little more. He struggled a little with the heat but said he was never in pain. I honestly thought we were going to be slower so I was shocked when I stopped the watch at 17:51. For 2 miles!! That's under 9 per mile. For my 8 year old doing his first 5K ever and his first real timed race ever, that's unbelievable. Needless to say he and I were thrilled. I still think we can do 28 min. or less on race day. That my tentative goal. We'll see how the next 3 weeks of training go. He's doing outstanding and I'm still loving running with him.

Speaking of Carter, he and his best friend Carter...yep, 2 Carters...made a video yesterday with the help of yours truly. It's on YouTube and below. Check it out if you want.



We had a lot of fun making it. Carter K did pretty well for his video debut. Well that's about all for now. I just ran 5 miles and am done for the week. I'll rest tomorrow. It's been a while since I've rested on Saturday but with Spring Break being this week, it's been a lot easier to get a run in each day. That's 33 for the week. I'm going to try and do 14 Sunday instead of 12 so as to start training a little harder for the 1/2 marathon coming up at the end of April.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Don't forget to.....

Keep runnin',
Albert

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the video and yes the sun is a delight when it is out. Enjoy your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Albert. The sun has shown it's face around here lately also. It is nice to see it.

    ReplyDelete