What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Got My Corral

12:07PM

I know it's still over 7 months until the Chicago marathon but just a quick post to say that I got my corral assignment already. If you want to get into one of the first five corrals, you have to submit proof of time. I knew I couldn't get in corral A but thought I might could make corral B by submitting my half marathon time. My marathon time was 3 min. too slow to make it but my half PR was one minute lower than the minimum. So I faxed the results from the 2008 Country Music Half Marathon hoping it would get me in. And it worked. Just 3 business days later, Corral B showed up next to my name when checking the registration. So I'm good. I also reserved a hotel room close to the airport. This was much more cost efficient and just easier. I will only be there one night anyways.

Not much else is happening. 15K relay in 2 weeks. I think I'm doing the 2nd of 3 legs. More about that later.

Trying to convince a few folks to go to Chicago and/or Disney with me. We'll see if anything pans out. Hope everyone has had a good week.

Keep runnin',
Albert

3 comments:

  1. When you come up for Twin Cities, I will be happy to join you but even though my wife is from Chicago and her folks still live there, it is way too big (meaning people) for me. I look forward to reading your training and race reports. Train well and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, forgot to say congrats on Corral B. You earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, corral B for Chicago. I can't wait to hear what you think about this race. So high profile and awesome!

    ReplyDelete