What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Gotta be Walt!

11:33AM

Well, my next race is in 2 days. I am very excited to be running this 15K relay. If nothing else, it’s just fun to get away and experience a new race in a new place. Hey, that rhymed. This will be my first race in another state since High School. I talked to Andrea the other night. She’s leg 3 of our three-runner team. She said she’d like to see us get somewhere around 66 minutes. Last year’s winning time for the relay division was 66:12 so I’d be thrilled with 66. I’m really hoping to get somewhere around 20 min. myself, but again, having never run or even seen the course, it’s hard to know what to expect. The forecast calls for a 30% chance of rain with the temps in the high forties to low fifties. So it should be great weather if that holds out. We’ll go up Friday night and hopefully check out the course at some point. The race is at 9AM Saturday morning.


Last week, I posted a hidden mickey for everyone to check out and I told you that I had sent all these to the Hidden Mickey website and none were posted. This week, I was excited to find out that one of ours got posted in the "Questionable Hidden Mickeys" section. It is a picture of a mural that is at the entrance to "Spaceship Earth" (a.k.a. the big ball) at Epcot. Last year when we went, Susan swore she saw something in the flame of a torch on the poster. I told her I just didn't see it. This year when we went in October, she showed me again and this time I did see it. It's pretty obvious. Not sure why I didn't see it the first time. It definitely looks like the side profile of a man with a mustache. And we figure it has to be Walt Disney himself. Why not? The Hidden Mickey guy obviously doesn't think it's Walt Disney b/c he didn't even mention it in the post. Check out the post here. I've written him and asked him to add a comments and/or vote section so people can weigh in. Check it out and let me know here what you think. It has to be something for sure and we choose to believe it's Walt Disney. Who knows?


Carter and I did 1 3/4 miles yesterday. His longest distance ever. We were shooting for 16 min. That would keep us on our 27-28 min pace for the 5K. I was thrilled to look down after stopping the watch and see 15:53. He was so excited too. He is doing an amazing job! I love running with him. I know I've said that a lot but I really do. We'll run again today, I think. Not sure how far.


I'll post Sat. night with results and a race report.


Keep runnin',

Albert


1 comment:

  1. Hope the race went well. That's very cool that your son is doing so well with his training.

    ReplyDelete