What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tough Choice. Which Do You Like?

10:56 PM

I just went for a 5 mile run. Went pretty well. It's been so hot late into the night the last few days. It was 84 tonight and 86 last night when I ran. That's hot. There's a slight breeze but I can still feel the heat and I am drenched when I get home. Makes the runs a little tougher but I guess they are that much better for me. Ate a late dinner tonight so had a slight side cramp and bathroom urge while I ran. Sorry for that detail. Made it fine though.

I think the pool is going to work! We moved it into the flattest part of our yard we could find. I transferred the dirt to make it even flatter. It's still not perfect but I think it'll do. It's about 2/3 full of water right now and I've stopped it for the night. I'll fill it the rest of the way tomorrow and we'll see how level it is. But it looks good so far. Needless to say, if it doesn't' work this time, it's over!

Last thing. Meant to put this on here earlier. Many of you have heard about this so you can ignore, but Disney is allowing the public to vote on this year's marathon medal. The choices are below. You can click on it if you want to vote. You can vote as many times as you want until July 28.




It's a tough choice but personally, I am voting for #1. I like them all and so I really won't care which wins. I'd love #3 if it didn't have the chain and date hanging down. I don't like that detail. And I don't like that #2 has no color. So #1 is the best for me, but again, I'll be fine with any of them. Again, feel free to vote if you want. That's it for tonight. It's late and I'm tired. Good night.

Keep runnin',
Albert

2 comments:

  1. LOL - Its odd how people are! I myself voted for #2! It has the most professional feel to it and I just like that. Im not as big on #3 I like the running Mickey logo. So my order of preference is 2-1-3.

    Good luck with the pool! We had similar problems with our, and found as flat of spot as possible that seems to be working pretty good!

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about running in the heat - it just getting ridiculous out right now. That's summer in AZ though :).

    Glad the pool is coming together. That would be great to jump in after a nice long run.

    I personally like #2 best because it has no color. I just think it looks special. I'm worried about the ones that have color as I have some other colored medals that haven't faired so well.

    The Disneyland 2010 Half Marathon Medal is colored as well. Like you said though, I don't really mind any of them and as long as I finish and get one I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete