What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bring on the Morning!

I want to run! A marathon. Really bad. Or at least a half-marathon. I just want to run. I'm not sure what is going on, but I have this strong urge to run again. It's been several weeks since I've run and I don't like it. And I think my body doesn't like it. I know my growing mid-section doesn't like it. I still have some heel pain in the mornings and I'm trying really hard to let that heal completely before I try running again. But it's just taking forever. And it's annoying. But I've pretty much decided that I'm going to run another race in the Spring. Something local and cheap but at least a half-marathon and maybe a full. I just need to have that race on the horizon to keep me motivated and going. I enjoy it too much to just give it up.

The last time I ran a race was March - a local half-marathon here in downtown Nashville. That was over 6 months ago! And it looks like it will be about a year before I get another one in. That's too long for me. I am seeing running friends run these races and make plans for marathons and that just makes me excited all over again to run again at some point. In the meantime, I think I'm going to get back to working out. I haven't done much of anything over the last 2-3 weeks. But Monday of this week, I discovered the new SAC here at Lipscomb Univ. Very nice! Brand new weight room that opens at 5:30AM. Perfect. I tried it the last 2 mornings and it was great. Only a few people there and lots of open machines. I'm going to try to keep that up most days if I can. It's a great way to start out the day. Which leads me to a question.....how do you start your day?

I used to start my day a lot differently than I do now. Getting up each morning was a chore. I dragged out of bed and slowly made my way to the shower. It was the only way I knew to wake up. Then I would get dressed, read the paper, and head off to school. That was it. Same boring routine every day. I see now that's no way to start off a day. Now I do all of the above but I add some time with God in the mix. It's like a new surprise every morning. New sunrise. New things to see in His creation. New scripture and words from God each morning. New things to talk to Him about every single day. It has given me a new appreciation for mornings. I actually look forward to my mornings. A lot. It makes me hop out of bed a little quicker and peppier. (is that a word? It looks like a spice.) I still hobble a little b/c of my heel but I'm definitely happier to be awake. And now that I've started working out in the mornings, I enjoy them even more. I wait on the shower and I use the workout to wake me up. It's a great way to do that and it makes me feel good and a little proud all day long since I've gotten it done. So I've started using my mornings for some physical exercise and more importantly - some spiritual exercise. Morning is very quickly becoming my favorite part of the day, although it's got some tough competition with my family in the evening when I get home.

So how do you start your morning? I'm not saying my answer is perfect or I have it all figured out, but I can't argue with how I feel. Starting off the morning right seems to make each day so much better. It's becoming a habit for me.....a very good habit. And I love it. I would love to share my morning with anyone if you're interested. The physical exercise part or the spiritual. Just let me know. At least try the spiritual yourself....even if it's a few minutes.....it really will change your day and most importantly change your life. It has mine.

Hope everyone has a good week!

I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment