What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What a Gift!

Yesterday was my birthday. Not my actual birthday, my spiritual birthday. 24 years ago yesterday I was baptized into Christ. It's funny, it means so much more to me as I grow up then it did at the time. Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was doing and I feel good about when and how I did it, but it just means a lot more to me now. Anyways, I received a day-late birthday gift from God this morning. I wasn't expecting it but He gave me quite a show and I just had to write about it. Here's what happened....

I was driving to Woodlawn cemetery this morning. This makes 8 school mornings in a row that I've gone to Griffin's grave to talk and listen to God. I've seen some beautiful skies and sunrises the last 7 mornings but this morning took the cake. Actually, it totally demolished the cake. This morning without a doubt was the most beautiful sunrise and sky I've ever seen. As I was driving, I went around a curve about a mile away from the cemetery and literally gasped. The sky was full of bright, pink clouds. It was amazing. I also literally almost swerved because it took me by such surprise. I pulled over. I wanted to just look at it so badly. I wanted to capture it. I wanted to share it. I wished I had my camera. Then I remembered my Ipad. It takes pictures, right? Does it ever. So I took several. Dozen. Granted, the pictures don't do it justice, but I took one on the road there and then drove on to the cemetery. When I got there, instead of reading and praying like I usually do, I just stared and took pictures. Then, when I thought it couldn't get any more beautiful, the sun slowly started to come up. I had to take a whole new batch of pictures for that. It was just amazing. I wish you could've been there with me. God was all over that sky and he talked to me so loud and clear through it. I've put several in a post below this one, but again, they don't do it justice.

One more thing....since I was a kid, I've always loved when the sun rays come through the clouds like the picture to the right. I've always, for as long as I can remember, thought of God when I see that. I don't know why. It just seems like God shining down from above. I bought this framed saying (below) a long time ago just for the picture. I keep it in my office. I mean, I like the saying, but I really just like the picture because it's God for me. I saw that again this morning. Check out this picture of a stray ray making it's way to Griffin's grave marker.


Again, tell me God isn't talking through this. It's so obvious. He's there. He cares. He's comforting. He's healing. He's present. I actually said to God this morning, "How come I've never seen You so clear as I do now?" I love that He's making His presence so obvious to me. He keeps giving me gifts even though I don't deserve them.

This morning God gave me a very unexpected, but wonderful gift.


Yes, He gave me an amazing sky and sunrise.

But most importantly, He gave me His presence.

And it was a gift I'll never forget.



I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert


No comments:

Post a Comment