What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Sunday, January 17, 2010

#7 Revealed

2:49PM

So I didn't run this morning. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but not too much. I actually got up at 4:30 to run and could immediately hear the rain. Not a good sign. I then went to the front door to look outside. It was raining pretty hard. Now, I've run in the rain before, but I just didn't feel like getting cold AND wet this morning. And going back to bed sounded soooooo nice. Plus, I'm off tomorrow for MLK day so I knew I could do it then. So I quickly made that decision. Yes, it would've been nice to get it done but I had some good reasons. So I WILL do my 12 miles tomorrow. I promise.

So I figured it was about time I revealed my surprise. I had put #7 in my "Top Running Moments of 2009" and in my "Running Goals for 2010" as a surprise or something that I couldn't talk about yet. This past week on Thursday, it became official so I can talk about it now. I was asked not to until it was announced. This may not be a big deal to some of you out there reading but it is a very big deal to me. Are you ready? Should I ramble on for another few paragraphs and hold you in suspense? Ok, sorry, here goes:

I was named the new High School Cross Country coach at David Lipscomb High School this week. That's it. Ta-da! Like I said, may be boring for some of you out there, but this is something very exciting for me. I have been coaching middle school Cross Country for 11 years now. And don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed each and every year. I love coaching. And coaching running is so much fun with how much I enjoy the sport myself. But to be able to move up and coach on the high school level has been a dream and goal of mine for several years now. The HS CC program at the school where I teach has a reputation and history of big success and I am really looking forward to being a part of that. Don't get me wrong again - I have some worries and anxious feelings about it. There is a lot of work to do and things to learn. It's a totally different program for MS CC and I don't know a lot about it ...yet. But I know it will go well and I'm going to put everything into continuing the traditions and successes that the program has had.

So there you go. It'll start in the fall (actually summer) so I'll be posting about it I'm sure. I'd appreciate any thoughts, prayers, comments or whatever you've got. But I can't wait to work with these runners. They are an awesome group as I coached most of them just a few years ago. It's gonna be a blast.

Keep runnin',
Albert

2 comments:

  1. Great news, I will look forward to your future posts on your team. Are you doing both Boys and Girls?

    My daughter runs for her HS team and it's a blast to make it to her meets. They are so laid back and there are no parents screaming at kids and they have fun regardless of their times.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Albert, on the new gig! :) Hope it's rewarding! Look forward to hearing more.

    A few weeks ago I read a book called, _God at the Starting Line: The Triumph of a Catholic School Running Team and Its Jewish Coach_, by Marc Bloom. Pretty good book.

    ReplyDelete