What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Friday, July 29, 2011

A Couple of Reminders

Don't have a long time to write today. I'm pretty busy getting ready for school. I cleaned out my office this week. Took everything out and threw away about 1/2 of it. Hadn't done that in years. Needless to say, it was pretty dirty. I even got sick due to the dust. Stuffed up. Watery eyes. Runny nose. You know. But it's pretty clean now. I'll try to keep it that way. Next week is classroom. Getting it ready because the next week starts school. Hard to believe. I got my class list and it looks good to me. Mostly because I don't really know but about 3 of the kids in there. But I'm looking forward to getting to know them. I've got high hopes that this is going to be a really good year.

Still not back to normal in my running. Heel still not 100%. I've even started wearing a brace at night that my in-laws let me borrow. I'm running when I need to at CC, but I'm still going to take it easy for another week or two.

But I really just wanted to throw out a couple of verses as reminders and encouragement. These were given out in sermons at our church last Sunday and God spoke to me through them. The first is Isaiah 55:8-9. It reads...

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

This is the perfect verse to help me understand why things happen, even things I don't understand. It also reminds me that God is so much bigger than I could ever imagine. Just like Heaven is so much "higher" and "further" above the Earth, so God's thoughts are over ours. He knows what I need. I pray and He listens to me and is faithful to answer prayers, but it's on His time and in His plan. And I have to respect that. If a prayer doesn't get answered the way I want then I know He's got something better in mind. He knows what's best and that's what I want. His will be done. Even if I don't understand or even if I have to wait. I trust God because He knows. I want His will to be done.

The other verse was from Jeremiah 20:9. It reads:

9 But if I say, “I will not mention his word
or speak anymore in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.

I love how Jeremiah basically says it's impossible to hold the Word of the Lord in. He has to speak about God and tell others. This is how we should all be. We should be unable to keep from telling others how great God is and what He's done for us. Has God blessed you? Has God answered your prayers? Has God spoken to you or has His Holy Spirit given you a supernatural gift? If any of those are "yes" then tell others. Share it. Don't hold it in. I'm here today confessing that God has done all those things for me and so much more. He's a truly awesome God and I want everyone to know.

God is so good. He is so real and so apparent in my life. I pray the same for each of you. I hope these couple of verses can encourage you today as they did me. Have a blessed day and weekend.

I love God, Griffin, my Girl, and my Guys.

Keep runnin'. The PRIZE awaits. (Php. 3:14)

-Albert

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting ready to start the new year.

    Sorry to hear that heal is still not feeling 100%.

    ReplyDelete