What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Fireworks - One Day Late!!

9:43PM

Happy New Year. Hope everyone had a wonderful first day of the new year. 2011. Hard to believe. Anyways, my neighbors 2 doors down are apparently celebrating tonight. They are setting off very loud fireworks every couple minutes or so. And I was planning to go to bed soon. Hope they shut it down in the next few minutes. They do this every year. It's annoying. But I guess it's part of the celebration. Just wished they'd celebrated last night like the rest of the world.

I'm watching Titanic. Jack is saving Rose from suicide early in the movie. Is it me or is this movie on every night? I've seen it 100 times but I just went to see the Titanic exhibit in Pigeon Forge, TN on Wednesday of this past week. The 2nd largest collection in the world. Pretty amazing. It brought the story to life once again and was a great exhibit. That's just an amazing story. And it's been 100 years next year. Time flies. So I'm watching the movie again. I won't watch for long. It's too long and I gotta go to bed b/c I'm going to try 12 in the morning. 12 miles. Haven't done that in a while. But I'm finally feeling like a runner again. I ran 6 yesterday and 4 today and feel no pain. It's been at least a month since I haven't felt any pain at all. It's so nice to be back in good running health. Of course it may not last long since I'm running a marathon and a half next weekend. Disney. Yahoo! I'm obviously still not back to full marathon shape, but I'm getting there. I'll do my best next weekend. Again, I'm just going to enjoy the day, the race, and the Disney experience. Then I'll look ahead to 2011. I've already been checking into some races. Nothing firm yet but we'll see.

So I'll try 12 in the morning so I need to get to bed soon. That is if these fireworks stop soon. Maybe I should grab my earplugs. Hope everyone has a great new week and a great start to 2011.

Keep runnin',
Albert

1 comment:

  1. Hope the fireworks stopped shortly after you wrote this.

    I have to agree that Titanic is such an interesting story and there's so much to it. Sounds like the exhibit you saw was pretty amazing as well.

    Hope the 12 miles went well for you. I'm sure you'll be fine next weekend...I'll think of you while I'm out on the course and sending you positive vibes :)!

    ReplyDelete