What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Five Whole Miles

10:43AM

That's it. That's all I'm doing this week. 5 whole miles. And I've got very mixed feelings about it. I don't like it. I hate taking multiple days off like I had to do this summer when I got injured. But I think it may be for the best. My foot is just not right. It still kills me when I wake up in the morning or step on uneven ground. I think last Saturday's 10K while a great race, didn't help in the healing process. So I've decided to take it really easy this week. I ran 5 yesterday in CC practice. I figured I'd do one run this week - midweek - just to see how I felt and to satisfy my own run cravings. It felt good. I hadn't lost it and I know I won't. It's just my mind playing tricks on me. So now I'll wait until Sunday and try to do my long run then. I'm hoping the few days off will help my foot to heal even a little bit. I've got a marathon for crying out loud in 3 weeks so I've got to get this foot in a little bit better shape. We'll see if it pays off. Regardless, I'm so excited about Chicago and I'll talk more about it in other posts soon.

My CC team had their first official meet on Tuesday. We did well. My boys won the meet and my girls got third. I think this will be a slightly down year for my girls simply b/c of numbers. I just don't have many girls and that's been a trend lately, even in middle school where I have been coaching for 11 years. It's just been a much more popular sport for boys and not girls. Not sure why. Maybe b/c girls' soccer is played at the same time, but that's not the only reason. Needless to say, I've got to recruit some more girls for next year. But everyone on my team ran well Tuesday and I was proud of them. We run again this Saturday in a big city meet. I'll let you know how it goes next week. I'm hoping to bring home a first place trophy, especially with my guys.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm enjoying these cooler temps.

Keep runnin',
Albert


1 comment:

  1. Smart move keeping the miles low while the foot heals! Hope it's back to normal soon and if it's not you should get it checked out.

    Sounds like the first CC meet went pretty well. A first and third place - not too shabby ;)!

    ReplyDelete