I know, I know. I haven't been on here in 2 weeks. It is incredible how busy I am. The beginning of this school year has been CRAZY - to say the least. I'm hoping it'll slow down or at least even out soon. I apologize for not updating. My goal was at least once a week. I don't even have a lot of time right now. But here are some quick updates:
1. I ran 16 this morning. Good run. Had to stop and ...you know...toward the end but otherwise, good run. Averaged 8:07 per mile which I'm happy with. I'll do 16 again next week. Did it on Monday this week because we were out of town all weekend. Had to get up at 3AM which was a killer. Back to Sunday next week.
2. Still training for Chicago coming up on 10/10/10. So excited about that trip. Would love to break 3:30 but not sure if it will happen. My time to train is limited as well. But I am working out a lot with my CC team so that helps.
3. Speaking of....Cross Country is going well. We've had 3 weeks now and I'm enjoying spending time with these awesome runners. Our first meet is about 3 weeks away. Tonight is our beginning of the season party. Looking forward to that.
4. So I was looking around at the results of the Zoo run I did this year back in January. Not sure what made me look, but if you'll remember, I was a little upset when I saw the results the first time. They had my gun time and chip time the same which I knew wasn't right but I accepted it and decided to use it (19:55) so I could better it later. Well at some point (not sure when), they corrected it. My chip time now says 19:46. 9 seconds faster!! I didn't think it was quite that much but I'll take it. So my new 5K PR is 19:46. That'll be tough to beat. But I'm excited about the new PR.
5. I've done a couple of 5K's the past two Thursday nights with the CC team. Both have been in the low 21 minute range. It's a tough course and not on a road so I expected it to be a little slower. I'll try to break 21 this Thursday if I run.
Ok, out of time. Much more to talk about but it'll have to wait. Hopefully within a week.
My Weekend with the President (Kid President)
3 years ago