What can I say? I love to run. I've run 4 full marathons and 6 halfs. But I love God more and I'm determined to run this race of life for Him to receive the ultimate prize of Heaven. I'd like to share my thoughts with you. You can agree or disagree. Comment or don't. You can read or not read. But it's here if you want it. Enjoy! .

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm A Big Chicken

10:30AM


I ran 14 miles on Sunday. Hadn't run that far since April. It went pretty well. I ran it a little slow - 8:40 pace. I like to keep it closer to 8:00 but I had no pains. I was tired of course. Ready to get home. I hosed off real quick and got in our redneck pool. It felt sooo good. I think I'll make that a weekly tradition for these long runs. I'll do 14 again this Sunday and hopefully get my time down a little. I'll try a different route as well. I was very happy when I weighed myself after the run. That's when I do my weekly weigh-ins. 152!! Hadn't been that low in a while. It's been high 150's or even low 160's. I chalk it up to cross country starting last week so I ran more plus I ate less due to my busy schedule. I'm going to try to keep it in the low 150's.

Speaking of cross country, we did start last Monday. Last week was great. It was challenging and busy but I enjoyed it. I'm really going to enjoy this team. Our first night was eventful. A storm hit and we didn't get to even run. So instead, we cleaned out our field house which was on the schedule for later anyways. It now looks great and I'm enjoying my new office there. That makes 3 offices for me. The highlight of the week for me was Friday. It's a Friday tradition to play Ultimate Frisbee and I joined the guys. It was so much fun. They really get into it and I really enjoyed playing. Can't wait for this Friday. I'll keep you posted on our season. It's still in the beginning stages right now.

Now to the Chicken thing - I'm officially registered for my first 10K!! The Run-Chicken-Run event put on by Chick-Fil-A in Murfreesboro, TN will be Sept. 11. I was on the fence and waiting to see my CC schedule, but I'm good to go. One of my goals for the year was to do my first 10K and it looks like it's going to happen. I've updated my next race countdown above. Looking forward to it. It'll fit in nicely during my marathon training that I've started.

That's about it for now. I meant to update this sooner but again - so busy. What else is new? :)

Keep runnin',
Albert

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you're doing well with the mileage and weight...That's awesome!

    Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with the cross country team. Can't wait to hear more about the season and how things progress.

    Yeah - a 10K! I have yet to run a race of that distance and would like to find one this fall! Bet you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete